When you decide to get a pet, you also welcome the task of cleaning after their mess. Keeping your home odor-free and stain-free can be a demanding task while having a pet around. Some homeowners potty train their pets, however, even with the best-trained pets, you will still have to deal with the distinct smell of their dander and natural oils.
Table of Contents
Occasionally, accidents can happen when you’re not around. Your precious pet leaves a mess on your carpet and soaks through it. When left uncleaned, the odor can stay and can be hard to clean. This is where professional cleaning services for pet stain and odor will be necessary.
Pet stain and odor removal services cost
There are pet stain odor removal options you can purchase at your local store. Yet, it can’t do the job, especially for stubborn stains and odors. The odor from your pet’s urine and feces is caused by bacteria, and when left uncleaned, they can lead to potential illness for you and your loved ones.
Therefore, hiring cleaning professionals will guarantee a deep cleaning. They have access to specialized cleaning equipment and have the necessary skills for the job.
Cleaning service prices like this one depend on these two factors- the severity of the odor, and the size of the area that needs to be cleaned.
On average, homeowners spend between $500 and $800 for pet stain and odor removing service and with the most paying about $650 for steam cleaning, addressing minor spots and applying deodorizing treatment for two or three rooms. Steam cleaning can range between $100 up for one room with no spots and can reach up to $1,250 for whole house deep cleaning, subfloor cleaning and with the aid of an ozone generator.
Odor & Pet Stain Removal Prices by severity
One of the significant factors that play a huge role in pet stain and odor removal cost is the severity of the pet odor. Mild cases need simple cleaning and deodorizing methods that take a couple of hours. There are carpet cleaning tips that you can easily follow. However, severe cases require more elaborate tasks which can take days to finish. Below is an estimated expenses you can expect for pet stain and odor removal based on the severity.
Service Severity of pet odor Cost
- Light carpet cleaning Mild $125 per room
- Carpet and furniture cleaning Moderate $175 – $250 per room
with odor removal service
– Natural odor removal Moderate $500
– Overall odor remediation Severe $800- $1,000
– Total Cost $125- $1,000
Pet stain and odor removal prices by size of area
Another factor that affects the cost of your pet odor removal is the size of the area to be cleaned. If there’s a few stains caused by urine that can’t be fully removed, spot treatment service is your best solution. However, if there is more than one room that your pet frequently leaves some urine marks on, this will require a full service pet odor removal.
And if you’re unlucky, your whole house has a severe pet odor problem, a full remediation should be performed, you may even have to open the option of getting some kitchen remodeling ideas to alleviate the problem. Check below for the expected average cost to pay based on the size of the area.
Size of Area Average Cost
Spot Treatment $75- $125
One room $100- $200
Two-three rooms $250 – $600
Full house remediation $900- $1,250
Other Considerations and Costs
- You will not know how bad the problem is until a professional comes and performs a comprehensive evaluation. Since stains and odors are not always visible, your odor remediation specialist will use a UV light to uncover the affected area. From there, they will identify the intensity of the damage and provide you a full estimate from their findings.
- Professional pet odor removal processes include different types of treatment. This includes mattress pet urine odor removal, upholstery pet odor removal, carpet pet odor removal, pet urine odor grout removal, removal of subfloors and outdoor pet odor removal. Keep in mind, professional upholstery cleaning cost can be a bit expensive.
- Aside from indoor odors, your pet will most likely leave their marks outside. Spraying a yard with enzyme cleaners around a quarter ground or less can cost between $50 and $75 per treatment.
- There are cases that odors linger longer and would eventually damage the subfloor beneath the flooring. If this happens, you will have to remove the flooring and replace the subfloor. This can run anywhere around $ 600 to $2,400.
- You can purchase over-the-counter cleaning supplies for pet stain and odor removal at your local pet stores, yet, most of them are designed for light odor removal. Therefore, if you have a more severe problem, it is recommended to hire professionals.
- If you want to use chemical free cleaning products, there are some natural odor removal options for you. Below are a few options:
- Combining equal parts of borax, white vinegar and salt. This creates a paste which you can scrub into the area, leave it to dry and vacuum it up.
- Sprinkle baking soda over the area. Let it sit for 24 hours, then vacuum.
- For vinegar-based cleaning solution, add a few drops of lavender oil to neutralize both the pet and vinegar odors.
How much is mild odor pet removal service?
You don’t have to worry about price, if the problem is just minor pet stain and odor removal. Definitely, it costs less than having your entire couch soaked with your dog’s urine.
So far, the price for mild pet odor removal is between $300 to $600. This goes for your carpets and upholstery. Typically, we do deep cleaning and deodorization to eliminate the odor and bacteria.
Using ozone for treating pet stains is done for more serious stains. Our professionals can help assess whether this is necessary or not.
Ozone Treatment for Pet Odor
For this service, the cost is $50 to $60 for one room. This serves like a finishing touch after deeply cleaning your couch or space with pet urine and poop.
We blast your space with ozone to eradicate the bacteria causing the smell. This also disinfects your space, so you get double benefits from ozone treatment. If you’re afraid of using chemicals, consider hiring a disinfection service, as they know how to do it right, without harming your pets.
We understand the struggle of every pet owner to keep their homes odor-free and spotless. You have the option to either deal with this yourself, or hire a professional cleaning company. There are pros and cons to any of your decisions, so take time to think about it.
We hope to have shared with you valuable information on how to deal with pet stains and smell on your own. In case you’ll need a professional cleaning company near you, you can call us today. Visit us on Instagram to see more of our services as well