Having pets are like having other children to take care of and love. There is no doubt about how much they love us and how much we adore them. However, the messes they made test our patience, especially if those messes landed on the carpet. From dirt, mud, urine, and stool, our carpets are exposed to different kinds of stains, especially from our pets. Sadly, carpets are one of the hardest thing to cleanse and maintain, and if there are presence of those stressful stains, it adds to the challenge in cleansing it.
One of the toughest to remove from the carpet is the mess from our pet’s urine. Besides the urine itself, the smell it produces also affect the quality of the carpet and the overall aroma of our homes. Fortunately, there are various PET STAIN AND ODOR REMOVER that are available to solve these urine stain problems. Also, there are PET ODOR ELIMINATOR services that provide a hassle-free way to remove the stinky smell especially in our carpets, as if nothing happens. Regardless of the ways and means we can consider to purchase and use, treating these mess doesn’t have to be a hard task anymore.
Whether you have moved in a place where pet urine is dominant or you are facing this stress daily, this article will provide you different ways and methods on how to remove pet urine stain and its unpleasant odor straight from your carpet.
Homemade Solution to Pet Stain and Odor from the Carpet
Some of us are not sure what the right tools and PET PEE STAIN REMOVER to use for the carpet. Using solutions that are present in our homes can be great starters to solve your pet pee stain problems. Also, these DIY solutions can save you from paying additional PET ODOR REMOVAL COST. Plus, they are guaranteed to be safe in use since it contains minimal chemical compounds that are safe both for our pets and other family members.
Before using the following methods, be sure to test it to a small area first to ensure it will discolor the carpet or damage its fibers. Also, avoid scrubbing the solution to the carpet because this will deepen the stain from the carpet fibers. Instead, gently blot the stain to the carpet. You can also vacuum it afterwards. Just make sure to study the DIYs first to avoid worse scenario to the carpet.
Vinegar and Baking Soda
- Cover the stained area with vinegar.
- Sprinkle the baking soda on the top.
- Cover it using a dish or towel for 1-2 days.
- After 1-2 days, scoop the already dried baking soda and rinse the area with cold water.
- Blot dry the stain using a clean towel.
- Combine a ¼ teaspoon dishwashing detergent and a cup of lukewarm water in a spray bottle. Never use dish soap or laundry detergent because this can affect both to the stains and to the carpet’s quality.
- Spray on the stained area. Repeat the application if needed.
- Towel dry the area afterward. Make sure it is completely dry.
- Rinse the stained area using the combination of two tablespoons of ammonia and one cup of water.
- Towel dry the area afterward.
- Combine four tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide, two tablespoons of lukewarm water and some drops of dish soap on a spray bottle.
- Spray on the stained area.
- Rinse and towel dry.
Using Store-Bought Cleaners against Pet Urine Stain and Odor
For those who are more comfortable with faster methods like PET STAIN ERASER, you can consider buying pet stain removers in stores. From various brands to choose, pick the remover that contains a formula that is safe for your pets and children as well. To use this, blot the away from the stain first before using the solution. Rinse the area to remove all the residues. Then towel dry it after.
Another option that you can purchase is an enzymatic-based pet odor remover that is available in pet stores. These cleaners are proven to be safe and effective as it contains natural enzymes that eat materials that cause urine smells. For this, do the following steps:
- Pour the cleaner on the affected area. Soak it thoroughly to saturate the carpet pad as well evenly.
- Cover it with a piece of cardboard or other covering material.
- Never attempt to dry out the area quickly. The longer the enzymes are in the stained area, the better.
The Role of Professional Cleaning in Removing Pet Stains and Odors
Regardless of whether you are planning to have a regular cleaning and maintenance schedule on your carpets, especially on your pet mess concerns, it is essential to include a professional cleaning schedule at least twice a year. Most of the time, our methods can only remove the stains and not clean it thoroughly.
When all else fails, and you almost try everything mentioned above, or if you are not satisfied with the results and you aim for long term outcome, it is time to hire the best professional cleaners to do the job. These individuals will make you understand the situation of your carpet against those stains, and they can surely provide better tools and techniques in easing those pet stains and odors from your carpet.
Before contacting them, make sure that you research the company thoroughly to ensure that you hire reputable professional cleaners. Check if they have the appropriate tools for different carpet types like the hot water extraction method, equipped with mounted units. This method can surely clean your carpet as deep as possible. Never be fooled by other means they can offer, and focus on your primary concern-pet stains and its disagreeable smell, and how to get rid of it.
Simple Home Practices to Maintain Cleanliness
The cliche prevention is better than cure, and this also applies to maintain our carpets from urine and stool stain from our adorable pets. Before other worse scenario happens, consider the following home practices you can enforce with your pets:
- Vacuum the area at least twice a week. Use an upholstery nozzle for the sofa so that the fur from our pets can be removed well.
- Maintain the good ventilation of your home. It will your home avoid storing your pet’s unpleasant smell to the four corners of your home.
- Always wash your pets regularly
- As much as possible, train your pets in proper toileting. While this is a very challenging task and involves lot of time, patience, and effort, these will surely save you and your carpet from being the “toilet site” of your pets.
- Clean up the urine as soon as possible.
Get your free quote by calling us anytime or check us on Instagram.