Everyone loves having a carpet in their homes. Nothing feels great than to end our daily routine, feeling its softness on our toes. Sometimes this is the best place where we can sit and enjoy doing our activities. It is our favorite spot, cuddling, and bonding with the pets that we love and adore so much. However, the challenge comes when our pets start messing around with our carpets. Besides enjoying its fibers by scratching and biting it, unfortunately, they took it as their “territory” by leaving some stool and urine on it.
Most of us, as pet owners, find it difficult to clean up the messes our pets make to our carpets. Worse, some of us are doing the things that we aren’t supposed to do, like putting certain chemicals to remove the stains or cleaning it the wrong way. Fortunately, there are LOCAL CARPET CLEANERS who’s always on the rescue like offering CARPET STEAM CLEANING services to clean your carpets thoroughly.
With so much cleaning hacks the world of the Internet is sharing nowadays, carpet owners will surely find ways and products to help them achieve the BEST CARPET CLEANING methods they can make. If you are one of those who are still having the same dilemma, here are some of the tips that you can try to solve your carpet problems without too much stress.
Carpet Cleaning Tips for Stool and Wet Stains
Once your lovable pets start to “do their thing” right in your carpet, chances are, they will continue doing it, especially if the smell is still there, no matter how much you tried to cleanse it. Both the stain and the odor should eliminate when cleaning our carpets. How to achieve these? You can try these simple steps.
For the Urine and Vomit Stains
Materials: clean and dry towels or paper towels, spray bottle, white distilled vinegar, baking soda, vacuum
- Blot the urine or vomit thoroughly as much as possible.
- In a spray bottle, put some white distilled vinegar. Spray the vinegar directly to the wet stain.
- Let the vinegar penetrate the carpet as it also neutralizes the scent.
- Blot the vinegar using a clean towel or paper towel.
- Sprinkle some baking soda the moment the stain is slightly damped already.
- Let the baking soda on the carpet overnight.
- Vacuum the area the next day.
Aside from these steps, you can also consider purchasing a handheld extractor that helps suck up liquids thoroughly to the carpet. It is simpler and faster to clean different kinds of wet stains, like urine, without using towels and vacuum. After using the handheld tractor, finish cleaning the urine stains by using a specified urine bio-enzymatic cleaner. It helps to neutralize the urea and uric acid contents from the urine, and it also eliminates starches and proteins, making the urine stains stay in the carpet. Using this cleaner before other carpet cleaners are said to be useful because it helps to avoid the stain to remain in the carpet permanently. And since liquid messes tend to spread out the moment it is absorbed by the carpets, do not cleanse the carpet on the particular stain area only.
For the Stools
Scooping the mess using a paper towel or rag will only leave worse messes because it will just spread out on the carpet. Instead, consider using a putty knife and dustpan to do the job. Drop the edge of the putty knife to the carpet at the edge of the stool. Afterward, push the putty knife forward to scrape the waste up then into the dustpan.
Besides, if the mess is a solid stool, you can saturate these stains by using an oxygenated bio-enzymatic cleaner. Let it rest for about 45 minutes to the stain so that it can separate from the fibers of the carpet. Afterward, let it air-dry, then vacuum it. The bio-enzymatic cleaners may take a long time to work, but it is proven more effective than using other stool carpet cleaners.
Carpet Cleaning Tips for Pet Hair
Another hassle issue when it comes to our pets and carpets is their fur or hair. Regardless if you are allergic to it or not, these hairs can be frustrating as they also get stuck in the carpet after another cuddling moment with them. To loosen those disturbing pet hairs, especially in the carpet, consider using a window squeegee. All you have to do is to scrape the carpet where the pet hair is usually trapped. Once those pet hairs start to get loose, you can now begin vacuuming it up.
Carpet Cleaning Tips for Dirty and Muddy Paws
Besides different stains and pet hairs, those cute paws can be another cause of the mess, especially in our carpets. Fortunately, there are pet wipes that can be our rescue for these messes. Make it a habit to wipe those adorable paws with those wipes, especially when they enter the house and start bonding with you. This simple tip will surely save you and your carpet from more mess before it happens.
More Stuff About Using Cleaning Solutions
- If you decide on buying products to get rid of those messes, make sure that it is made explicitly for the particular mess your carpet has.
- Some of the least expensive cleaning products contain a carpet detergent to remove the stains and an odor-reducing chemical to remove the smell permanently in the carpet. Unfortunately, the scent of these messes returns, especially during humid conditions, because this product cannot neutralize the substance.
- Another reminder in purchasing products aside from using home remedies in cleaning your carpet against your pet’s messes is to avail products that contain enzymes. These cleansers are beneficial, especially in the smallest portions of the carpet and even in other areas. If you are dealing with large stains, those messes that soaked deeply in the carpet, or those that already dried in the area, you have to spend more and buy cleansers that contain an enzyme, bacteria, and oxygen boosters.
Contact us today or check us at Facebook!