Table of Contents
We love pets, just like you do! But you cannot allow your home to smell bad because of their wastes, right? Being a responsible pet owner is challenging, yet workable.
Cleaning up their urine and feces is one of the endless chores you can do for your fur buddy. If it stains your upholstery and fabrics, that’s a huge headache. But good thing we are sharing some home remedies for pet stain and odor removal.
Know everything about it here. In case you need a professional cleaner for your house cleaning needs, then Shiny Carpet Cleaning is here for you. For your queries and comments, feel free to leave a comment after reading the article.
DIY Pet Odor Remover on Fabrics
The strong pungent smell of pet urine on your carpets will be annoying to all. If left untreated, it can ruin the entire condition of your carpets. But you can make a homemade solution to get rid of the nasty smell and stain on your carpets. You’ll need white vinegar, baking soda, and a large bowl.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Pour enough white vinegar on the stained area of the carpet, yet not make the carpet super soggy.
- After that, sprinkle the same area with baking soda. It will make a fizz for sure, but it cannot damage your carpets.
- Cover the stained area with a large bowl and let it sit there for an entire day. Those compounds will help remove the stain and odor of your pet’s urine.
Removing Pet Vomit on Carpets and Upholstery
Another challenging thing to clean up for your pet is their vomit. You cannot tell when their stomach can get upset from eating random things inside your home. This is one of the demanding things we do in our pet odor and stain removal services.
We like to help you overcome this concern, so prepare these materials:
- Warm water, table salt, liquid dishwashing soap, white vinegar
First off, you need to quickly attend to their vomit to avoid damaging further your carpets and upholstered furniture. Below are the steps you need to do:
- Scoop out any large debris on the stained area.
- Mix white vinegar, warm water, and liquid soap solution in one large dish bowl. Dip a rag into the mixed solution and wipe that off over the vomited area.
- Avoid aggressively scrubbing the vomited spot since that can worsen the stain.
- Just blot on the affected area to slowly remove the stain and smell.
DIY Cat Urine Odor Remover
Your cat’s urine is challenging to remove. There are times it takes two to three times of washing before you can effectively remove their smell and stain. Here is a homemade trick we like to share for pet odor stain removal that works for cat urine.
You will need the following: baking soda, white vinegar, hydrogen peroxide, liquid dishwashing soap, and enzyme cleaner.
Here’s how to do it:
- Grab an old rag that you’ll use for absorbing much of your pet’s urine.
- Sprinkle the affected area with baking soda, then allow it to react for ten minutes.
- Sprinkle a few drops of white vinegar on the same area. Let it react for ten minutes.
- Blot the stained area with another rag or paper towel.
- Repeat this process until you see the very minimal residue of your cat’s urine’s stain and smell.
Citrus Pet Stain Remover
There are commercial enzyme cleaners out there, yet you can make your own using citrus. It’s one of the best homemade solutions used for pet stain and odor removal. Here’s how to prepare it:
- Add your citrus peelings and brown sugar to a glass bowl container.
- Pour water into the container and cover it tightly.
- Shake it well, and then loosen the cover to let the gas build-up come out.
- Allow this mixture to sit for a month to let the enzyme grow. These are good enzymes that are useful for your DIY pet odor and stain removal needs.
Removing Old Pet Stains on Your Carpets and Upholstery
You can use commercial pet stain removers and a powerful wet-dry vacuum for this. Sometimes, using vinegar can entice your pets to revisit the stained area. So, be sure to eliminate the vinegar smell if you’ll be using it for cleaning pet vomit and urine.
Make sure to read the washing instructions for your carpets and upholstery before applying anything to them. This is to prevent damaging the fabric’s condition. You can also look for commercial carpet cleaners online to see your options.
Train your pets where to pee and poop
Training your pets for bowel movements is your best prevention. It takes patience to accomplish this task, but surely, the outcome is worthwhile. You have fewer headaches to eliminate pet stains and odor on your carpets and fabrics.
Considering hiring a pet stain and odor removal service
Your final action to remove pet stains and smell is to hire a professional cleaner. It may cost you more, but for the sake of saving your upholstery and delicate fabrics, it’s worth the money.
There are many reliable pet stain and odor removal service providers near you, and Shiny Carpet Cleaning is one of them. We specialize in carpet and furniture cleaning, so we can guarantee to remove pet stains and odor from those delicate fabrics.
Our cleaning ladies are trained and bonded to perform all cleaning jobs for residential and commercial spaces. We can quickly tackle your pet stain and odor removal needs today.
Before we end, we like to hear your thoughts about this topic. Comment below for your questions and suggestions.
We love to hear from you! If there are questions, we will give the best answer to help you. Shiny Carpet Cleaning is your trusted cleaning company to call today.